The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondent Mohammed al Dulaimy in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Itís posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchyís Washington Bureau.
- Around 10:00 a.m. an improvised explosive device (IED) exploded in Al Sileikh neighborhood targeting Iraqi police. Three police men were injured and one was killed.
- Around 1:00 p.m. gunmen attacked an Iraqi army (IA) checkpoint in Al Yarmouk neighborhood. Three military were injured including an IA officer, first lieutenant.
- Around 1:00 p.m. 4 mortar rounds exploded targeting the residents of Al Rashidia town (north of Baghdad). The shelling killed one resident and caused injuries to 16.
- Around 1:20 p.m. a parked car bomb exploded in Al Baia neighborhood targeting civilians. The blast claimed the lives of 2 civilians and injured 7.
- Around 2:00 p.m. mortar rounds targeting a Shiite mosque in Al Mamil area (eastern Baghdad) 2 civilians were injured.
- Around 2 p.m. an IED exploded in UR neighborhood targeting an American military convoy. The blast caused injuries to 2 passing by civilians, Iraqi police said.
- Around 2:30 p.m. Iraqi police accused an American military convoy by randomly opening fire near Al Shaab stadium (east Baghdad) killing one man and injuring a woman, Iraqi police said.
- Around 3:15 p.m. a car bomb exploded near Al Ulwia pediatric hospital (east Baghdad). The explosion targeted civilians and claimed the lives of 5 and causing injuries to 11.
- Around 4 p.m. gunmen opened their machine guns targeting a Sedan vehicle in Al Mansour area (west Baghdad). The three passengers in the car were injured.
- Police found 5 deceased bodies allover the capital; the bodies carried the signs of multiple gunshots. The following are the detailed locations in the capital were the bodies were found:
Dora 1, Kadhmiya 1, Al Jihad 1, Al Adhamiya 2.
- Eye witnesses said today that militants executed 1 policeman and other 6 men in separated incidents. The eyewitnesses said the militants executed 6 men in Al Mualimeen neighborhood of Baqouba and in a separated incident executed Ammar Hassan an Iraqi police officer in front of people outside Baaqouba. No official or police source confirmed the two incidents.
- A statement issued by the ministry of defense said the IA killed 4 terrorists in Baaqouba and detained 4 in Al Muqdadia city as they were trying to plant an IED.
- Around 10.00 a.m. an Iraqi university student was killed said Haider Hamid, a student of the technical college in Basra, today. A British military convoy randomly opened fire after an IED exploded targeting the convoy near the college (10 miles west of Basra) on the road leading to Zubair town. The random shooting killed the student Ahmed Fahmi, a second year student of the electricity department, Hamid said.