The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondent Laith Hammoudi in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Itís posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchyís Washington Bureau.
Baghdad , the source: the MOI operation room
- A man was killed and 4 others injured in an IED explosion. The IED was put under a parked car in the leather factory in Karrada Kharij (Karrada out)downtown Baghdad at 12 pm Baghdad Local Time (BLT)
- The explosion of a parked car bomb in Al Masbah neighborhood downtown Baghdad claimed the lives of 19 Shiite pilgrims and caused the injury of another 20. The explosion took place at 12,30 pm BLT.
- 10 civilians were killed and 8 were injured in a suicide attack with a bomb vest. The explosion happened inside a bus near Al Mawwal restaurant in Al Mustansiriya neighborhood near Mustansiriya Univ. at 1 pm BLT.
- One Iraqi army soldier was killed and another was injured when a suicide car bomb stopped in their check point to be searched in Al Yarmouk neighborhood at 4:45 p.m.
- Iraqi police said a U.S. military convoy shot a man was driving his car in Al Saidiyah neighborhood near the fire dept building in the area around 5 p.m. No further details about the incident.
- Police found 20 dead bodies throughout Baghdad . 2 bodies were found in the eastern side of Baghdad (Rusafa) near Al Qanat highway. The other 18 corpses were found on the western side of the city (Karkh) in the following neighborhoods: 5 bodies in Yarmouk, 4 bodies in Ghazaliya, 3 bodies in Dora, 2 bodies in Adil, 2 bodies in Al Saidiya, 2 bodies in Al Amil.
- A source in Khanaqeen district police directorate said that 3 civilians were injured in an IED explosion happened in Ban Mil village, one of the villages of Khanaqeen district north east Baquba. The source said that the IED was planted to target the Shiite pilgrims who were doing their ceremonies of Arbaieniya visit of Imam Hussein but the parade of the pilgrims changed its way.
- A medical source in Baladrooz city hospital said that 5 workers were killed and 10 others injured in an IED explosion targeted their bus in Baladrooz city east of Baquba. The workers are building workers who work in building a new primary school for the pupils of the city. The security source said that the explosion was so strong that the bus was scattered into pieces and the bodies spread tens meters away.
- Security and political sources in Muqdadiya city 45 KMs north east of Baquba city confirmed today that the insurgents groups who are joined under the leadership of what they call ( the Islamic state of Iraq ) attacked yesterday and today many Sunni villages. The sources added that 130 families from the villages of Tawakol and Bodija had been displaced towards the Shiite villages of Timeem after burning the houses, the farms and the orchards of these families.
The sources explained that the attacking group asked the people of these villages to announce their homage to Abo Omar Al Baghdadi, otherwise, their destiny would be like the Safawi Shiite by killing them and displacing them from the houses of Muslims according to the words of one of the attackers. These sources found it strange that the MNF and the Iraqi army which are close to these villages didnít respond to the calls of help of these villages although they are neighboring many of these troops main centers.
- The operation room of Karkuk police said that 3 people were killed and 55 injured whne an insurgent group launched two Katyosha rockets. The source said that the two rockets fell inside a park in a very active commercial neighborhood where people come for marketing and venders spread all over. The source confirmed that the MNF send a medical team to help in treating the injured people.
- A source in Basra police directorate said that a police man was killed and his son was injured when an MNF patrol opened fire on his car last night while the man was driving his car on the high way near Basra international airport. Major Rafi Al Mosawi said also that Siba area police took away a body of an Iranian man wearing the military uniform. The man name is Hadi Ahmadi and he was taking a way from Shat Al Arab river, he was carrying a big amount of money with him. Meanwhile, Faw city police arrested 5 Iranians who entered Iraq illegally through Shat Al Arab river yesterday.