The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondent Dalia Hassan in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Itís posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchyís Washington Bureau.
In Baghdad where the Regional Conference should be held today it is considered as a day full of attacks against both the Iraqi Army forces and th civilians. While the reports from other parts of Iraq show that today is a calm day in the other Iraqi towns.
Source: The Ministry of Interior - Operations Room
- Mortar rounds fell down in the Green Zone ( which is the center of the Iraqi Government ) in a very important day in whole Iraq where. The mortar rounds fell in the morning about 09:00 a.m. without mentioning the causalities.
- 10 Mortar rounds fell in Al-Muheet Street in Al-Kadhmiya neighborhood (North Baghdad) ( amostly Shiite part) which led to the death of 1 civilian and the injury of 4 people at about 10: a.m. .
- A parked car bomb explosion claimed the lives of 5 civilians and injured 22 in Al-Modhafar square in Al-Sadir City (East Baghdad) which is a Shiite part area. The explosion happened at about 01:00 p.m.
- 4 Mortar rounds fell down near the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at about 01:30 p.m. without knowing the causalities.
- An IED exploded near an Iraqi Military checkpoint in Kahtan square close to Al-Yarmuk hospital ( West Baghdad ) at 1:00 p.m. The explosion injured 3 Iraqi Army men.
- A suicide car bomb exploded at about 02:p.m. near an Iraqi Military checkpoint in Al-Jamiaa' neighborhood ( west Baghdad). The explosion killed 1 of the Iraqi Army men and injured 2.
- A parked car bomb targeted the civilians exploded at about 04:00 p.m. near Al-Awa'l restaurant in Al-Tahariyat square ( downtown Baghdad ) lead to the death of 1 civilian and the injury of 3.
- A parked car bomb in Qahtan square west Baghdad exploded targeting an Iraqi army patrol while it was passing through at 6pm. The explosion caused the injury of 2 soldiers.
- 3 civilians were wounded in an IED explosion near Al Aqsa mosque in Saidiya south Baghdad at 12 pm. 3 citizens were killed including a policeman and 1 policeman was wounded when insurgents opened the fire of their guns targeting Iraqi police patrol in Abo Ghrib west Baghdad at 5 pm.
12 anonymous bodies were found in Baghdad today. All the bodies were found in Karkh, the western side of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (6 bodies in Dora, 4 bodies in Hay Al Khadraa, 1 body in Amiriya and 1 body in Hay Al Amil.)