Two men were gunned down Tuesday but two other adults were spared during an early morning home invasion in a small Sacramento apartment, according to authorities.
Killed in the gunfire were an unidentified 60-year-old man and another in his 50s, both residents of the apartment on 18th Avenue, said Sacramento Police Sgt. Norm Leong.
Two other adults inside the apartment, at least one of whom lived there, were uninjured in the 1 a.m. attack, Leong said.
Detectives do not believe robbery or gangs played a role, Leong said.
Police released few other details about the shooting as they searched Tuesday for an unidentified male suspect who reportedly forced his way into the apartment through a side door. They did confirm, however, that they were investigating a possible link between Tuesday's double homicide and a shooting at the same address last month.
Leong declined to discuss the details of the earlier incident, citing the ongoing investigation.
But neighbors living in the six-unit cinderblock complex said a female resident was injured in that shooting, possibly in the foot, and returned home with crutches.
Arrested in connection with that shooting was 21-year-old Bryanna Nadine Warren. She faces two charges of attempted murder and one count of burglary and is being held without bail at the Sacramento County Main Jail, where she was booked Dec. 2, according to booking records.
Little was known by Tuesday evening about the homicide victims or the others in the apartment when the shooting occurred.
Sacramento County coroner's officials had not released the victims' names as they continued to search for next of kin.
Read the full story at the Sacramento Bee.