May 15, 2013 The internal message to IRS Employees from Acting IRS Commissioner Steven T. Miller Dear Colleagues, It is with regret that I will be departing from the IRS as my acting assignment ends in early June. This has been an incredibly difficult time for the IRS given the events of the past few days, and there is a strong and immediate need to restore public trust in the nations tax agency. I believe the Service will benefit from having a new Acting Commissioner in place during this challenging period. As I wrap up my time at the IRS, I will be focused on an orderly transition. While I recognize that much work needs to be done to restore faith in the IRS, I dont want anyone to lose sight of the fact that the IRS is comprised of incredibly dedicated and hard-working public servants. During my 25-year IRS career, I am profoundly proud to have worked alongside you and to be part of an institution that has worked hard to support the nation. I have strong confidence in the IRS leadership team to continue the important work of our agency. I want to thank everyone for all of their support and friendship during my career in government service. And I especially want to thank each and every one of you for your continued commitment to the nations taxpayers. Steve
- Democratic chairwoman offers optimism for her party's prospects
- GOP weekly address: 'We want to be the iPhone party'
- Rand Paul facing more intense criticism from right and left which he says is 'a sign of success'
- Clinton has big lead in N.H., but most people haven't finished deciding
- NCAA President: 'change is needed and it must come from within'
- Bob Dole reflects on politics ahead of Kansas tour
- Minimum wage at the forefront, with eye on elections
- States target tiny beads in facial cleansers that harm waterways, wildlife
- On upcoming trip, Obama will try to pivot to Asia - again
- Ukraine deal reached; Russia agrees to de-escalate tensions
- Geneva Statement on Ukraine
- Operation Comfort strives to help vets ‘reinvent their dreams’
- Special Projects