Sierra snow so far this year has been scarce. Average snow depth in the Sierra Nevada currently stands at 1.4 inches, more than 95 percent below the average snow depth at this time last year. The lack of snow is hurting the region's ski resorts. And while it's too early to declare a dry year, the current snowpack is much shallower than it was at this time during any of the recent drought years. Farmers and millions of others depend on the snowpack for water.
- Democratic chairwoman offers optimism for her party's prospects
- Rand Paul facing more intense criticism from right and left which he says is 'a sign of success'
- GOP weekly address: 'We want to be the iPhone party'
- Clinton has big lead in N.H., but most people haven't finished deciding
- Doris Pilkington Garimara, who wrote of aboriginals' tragedy, dies
- Technology led police to suspect in Kansas City highway shootings
- Discovery Channel cancels jump from Everest summit
- Deal to ease Ukraine tension threatened by new violence
- On upcoming trip, Obama will try to pivot to Asia - again
- Ukraine deal reached; Russia agrees to de-escalate tensions
- Geneva Statement on Ukraine
- Operation Comfort strives to help vets ‘reinvent their dreams’
- Special Projects