The technological and commercial skirmishes over WikiLeaks escalated into a full-blown online assault Wednesday when, in a serious breach of internet security, a concerted online attack by activist supporters of WikiLeaks succeeded in disrupting MasterCard and Visa websites.
- Related Stories:
- Commentary: WikiLeaks may help U.S. image in the long-term
- Commentary: WikiLeaks and the price of secrecy
- WikiLeaks: Chavez-Ortega partnership strained over aid
- Accuser of WikiLeaks' Assange is linked to Cuban dissidents
- Inside WikiLeaks, Assange arrest creates chaos, report says
- An Assange prosecution would raise 1st Amendment issues
- WikiLeaks: Assange jailed; Visa, MasterCard join boycott
- WikiLeaks: Swiss bank freezes Julian Assange's account
Copyright 2014 . All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.