The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A civilian was killed and four others were wounded when an adhesive bomb that was stuck to a civilian car detonated in Wathiq intersection in Karradah neighborhood in downtown Baghdad around 9 am.
- Five civilians were wounded when a roadside bomb detonated near Ibn al-Haitham college in Adhemiyah neighborhood n northeast Baghdad around 11 a.m.
- Three Iraqi soldiers were killed when a bomb detonated targeting their patrol in rashad area southwest Kirkuk city on Sunday morning.
- Gunmen using pistol with silencers killed a civilian in Muqdadiyah town east of Baquba on Sunday morning.
- An Iraqi soldier was killed and four other security forces including a policeman were wounded when a suicide car bomb detonated in west Mosul targeting a joint checkpoint of Iraqi security forces on Sunday morning. A civilian was killed and another one was wounded when a bomb detonated in west Mosul on Sunday morning.
2010 Mclatchy Newpapers