The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau
- Two people were killed and 20 others were wounded when a parked car bomb and a bomb detonated in Bayaa bus station in south Baghdad around 7:30 a.m.
- Two people were wounded when a bomb detonated near a court in Adil neighborhood in west Baghdad around 8 a.m.
- A civilian was killed and five others were wounded when a bomb detonated near the municipality building in downtown Baghdad around 9 a.m.
- Gunmen detonated a house in Tahreer neighborhood in south Baquba city wounding two women.
- Gunmen killed with knives a lieutenant colonel in working for the traffic department in Baquba city
- Two policemen were killed and two others were wounded when a bomb detonated in Hawija town southwest Kirkuk on Wednesday morning.
-Gunmen killed Iraqi reporter works for Mosuliyah channel in al Salam neighborhood in south Mosul city on Wednesday morning.
Armed men threw a home made bomb at a police patrol in west Mosul, Wednesday, injuring two policemen and one civilian.
One mortar round slammed into a house in east Mosul, WEdnesday, seriously injuring three civilians including two women.
Armed men shot and killed a thirty-year-old woman near a police checkpoint in east Mosul, Tuesday.
2010 McClatchy Newspapers