The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Gunmen kidnapped engineer Bassim Hussein in south Kirkuk. Hussein is an architect engineer working for the local government.
- A roadside bomb explosion targeted police patrol in Kirkuk city. The explosion injured an Iraqi air force officer and his daughter as he was driving by in his civilian car.
- Iraqi army said that an Iraqi force killed a suicide bomber driving a car bomb as he tried to target a vegetables and fruits whole sale market in Tel Afar west of Mosul city. The army then detonated his car bomb with no injuries among civilians.
- Two suicide bombers wearing vest bombs and military uniforms detonated their vests inside an Iraqi army quarter in Kukajli area in east Mosul. The attack resulted in killing one soldier and injuring five others.
- A suicide bomber wearing a vest bomb targeted a checkpoint for the Iraqi Federal Police in Al Shifa neighborhood in west Mosul. Four policemen were killed in the attack and four others were injured.
- A U.S. military statement said Three Iraqi civilians were killed and three others injured, when their car collided with a combined Iraqi and U.S. Army military patrol, near the town of Zumar in Ninewah province at approximately 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
2010 McClatchy Newspapers