McClatchy Washington Bureau reporters Greg Gordon, Chris Adams and Kevin G. Hall were named finalists for the 2010 Pulitzer Prize in national reporting for their stories examining Wall Street's role in the nation's financial collapse. The stories revealed how major Wall Street firms engaged in questionable practices that not only worsened the financial crisis but also may have been in conflict with the interests of their clients and customers.
- Scott Walker: I wasn’t comparing terrorists and Wisconsin protesters
- Republicans on defensive over Homeland Security funding
- GOP leaders in Congress struggling to maintain power, fulfill agenda
- Paul wins CPAC straw poll as Walker surges
- Life or death? Jodi Arias penalty jury to resume deliberations
- Emily's List is ready forï¿½Hillary
- Kerry vows to defend Israel, criticizes UN body's 'obsession'
- California scientists link tiny particles in car exhaust to heart disease
- Navy judge named in discrimination complaint lifts Guantánamo female guard no-touch order
- Pentagon scraps judges’ Guantánamo move order; 9/11 case unfrozen
- Mexico captures kingpin of Knights Templar drug group
- After year of conflict, Ukrainians believe they’re fighting for survival
- Special Projects