The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Its posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchys Washington Bureau.
- Six civilians were wounded by a roadside bomb in Haifa Street in downtown Baghdad around 1 p.m.
- Around 3 p.m. two Iraqis were wounded when a roadside bomb detonated on Doura Highway in south Baghdad targeting US convoy. No casualties reported among the US convoy.
- One man was killed and three others were wounded when an adhesive bomb stuck to a civilian car detonated near the national theater in Karrada neighborhood in downtown Baghdad around 8 p.m.
- A suicide bomber riding a booby trapped bicycle blew up himself targeting the convoy of the head of the security department in Kirkuk province council in downtown Kirkuk city on Friday night killing only himself.
- Gunmen killed a teacher near his house in Qadisiyah neighborhood in east Mosul on Saturday afternoon.
-Gunmen using machineguns opened fire upon Iraqi Army checkpoint in west Mosul on Saturday afternoon wounding two soldiers.
2009 McClatchy Newspapers