The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Iraqi police found two dead bodies in a house in Zafaraniyah neighborhood today. Police said the house was raided by an Iraqi army force early morning.
- Around 10 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted Iraqi police near Bub Al Sham area injuring two civilians and one policeman.
- Around 11:30 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in al Wathiq Square in Karrada neighborhood injuring two civilians.
- Around 2 p.m. a sticky bomb attached to a mini bus exploded as the bus crossed 14th of Ramadan bridge inuring two civilians.
- A suicide bomber driving a car bomb targeted a local Sahwa leader in Al Urouba neighborhood in south Kirkuk. Three civilians were killed and 15 others.
- A sticky bomb exploded in the car of Col Jassim Mahmoud Jassim, Iraqi army second division intelligence officer, as he drove his car in north Mosul today. Jassim was killed and two civilians were injured.
- A roadside bomb explosion killed one civilian in north Mosul on Tuesday.
- Gunmen attacked an Iraqi army checkpoint in Al Mithaq neighborhood in east Mosul killing one soldier on Tuesday.
- A sticky bomb attached to the car of a bodyguard of a member of the parliament exploded injuring two bodyguards in north Mosul on Tuesday.
- A roadside bomb killed one civilian and injured two others near Khanaqeen district.
2009 McClatchy Newspapers