The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Kadhemiyah neighborhood injuring 18 civilians.
- A sticky bomb exploded injuring Mustafa Rahu, head of a Turkmen association, in Mosul yesterday.
- Gunmen killed two traffic policemen in Mosul today.
- A suicide driving a car bomb near a police station in Qaem city west of Ramadi near the Iraqi - Syrian borders. Three civilians were killed and 20 others were injured. Police imposed curfew for further notice.
- A bomb exploded inside the building of a political entity, the solution, killing eight including one woman and injuring ten.
- Two policemen died from injuries during entering Ashraf city two days ago.
2009 McClatchy Newspapers