The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7 a.m. a roadside bomb exploded inside vegetables wholesale market in Al Youssifiyah town, 12 miles south of Baghdad, killing one civilian and injuring 15 civilians.
- Around 8:30 p.m. two roadside bombs injured five civilians in Al Bayaa neighborhood west Baghdad.
- Gunmen killed a policeman, Bassim Abbas, in Kirkuk today. Police said also two brothers, Bilal and Shihab Ahmed, were killed yesterday by gunmen. All three victims were killed using silencers.
- Gunmen killed a civilian works as a contractor in Al Zuhour neighborhood east Mosul city. Police said the gunmen used silencers.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police vehicle in central Mosul. The explosion injured one civilian.
- A roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi police vehicle in central Tikrit. One policeman was injured.
2009 McClatchy Newspapers