The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
A mortar round hit the gas-cylinder plant in Tariq neighbourhood, northeastern Baghdad at 3 a.m. Tuesday exploding around one thousand gas cylinders and injuring three guards.
On Tuesday evening, a bomb which was planted inside a water cooler detonated targeting the Sahwa leader of Tarmiyah area in north Baghdad. The explosion killed two guards of the leader injuring him seriously with two other civilians.
- Gunmen opened fire at a high school student in a restaurant in Bab Al-Sarai neighborhood in downtown Mosul on Monday. The student was killed at once.
- A roadside bomb targeted a U.S. military convoy in Ras al Jada, central Mosul Tuesday afternoon injuring two civilian passers by.
- A roadside bomb detonated near a house in Ikhaa neighborhood in eastern Mosul on Tuesday evening. A mother and her daughter were wounded.
- Around 11 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted the convoy of the police chief in Fallujah in Nazal neighborhood in the southern part of the city on Tuesday. Three of the colonels guards were wounded.
- At 3:10 p.m. a motor bike bomb detonated near Shakir restaurant in downtown Fallujah city on Tuesday targeting a police patrol that belongs to the police chief in the city. Four policemen were wounded with other five people who were at the scene.
2009 McClatchy Newspapers