The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Its posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchys Washington Bureau.
Around 4 a.m. police raided a house in the al Ghadeer area in east Baghdad, insurgents inside started shooting. Police responded to the fire killing two insurgents, including a Syrian man, and arresting four other insurgents. Police also found two car bombs and other weapons. The minister of Interior on T.V. said that three policemen were wounded in that raid.
Around 10 a.m. an IED targeting the U.S. military detonated in the Adil neighborhood of west Baghdad. The US military confirmed the incident saying there were no casualties associated with the event.
- Around 4 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol in New Baghdad neighborhood in eastern Baghdad on Monday. No casualties reported.
Four policemen were injured by a roadside bomb north of Baquba city around 9 a.m.
Iraqi police found the corpses of six civilians in the Uthmaniyah area southwest of Baquba city.
- An Iraqi soldier was killed by a sniper in Tahrir neighborhood in eastern Mosul on Monday afternoon.
- Gunmen opened fire on a civilian the New Mosul neighborhood around 4 p.m. The man was killed and the gunmen who were in a speeding car fled away.
- A roadside bomb targeted an American patrol in tal Al-Ruman in western Mosul in the afternoon. One Iraqi civilian was wounded with no casualties on the American side.
- A gunman using a pistol opened fire on some school girls in the 17th of July neighborhood in western Mosul on Monday afternoon. Three girls were wounded.
- A two month old infant was killed, and his while his parents and older brother were wounded, in the Julan neighborhood of Falluja on Saturday night. A grenade was thrown on the roof of that familys house. The family was sleeping on the roof at the time.
- Around noon gunmen attacked a civilian car in the Awisat area (about 17 miles east of Falluja) on Monday. A man and his wife were killed.
- Around 4 p.m. a roadside bomb targeted a convoy for one of the foreign security companies near the police commandos headquarters on the high of southern Falluja on Monday. One vehicle was totally damaged, but no further information released of the number of casualties as the area was blocked by police and the American forces in the area till the time of having this report.