The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A parked car bomb targeted civilians in al Rasheed wholesale market for vegetables at 6 a.m. Wednesday killing 11, one of whom was a woman and injuring 37 others. A second car bomb not 20 m from the entrance of the open air market was found and detonated under control by Iraqi security forces.
- A parked car bomb exploded in Karrada, central Baghdad at 11.30 a.m. Wednesday killing one civilian, injuring seven others.
- Around 8:15 p.m. a roadside bomb detonated near a café in Imarat Al-Siha in Abu Dshir in southern Baghdad on Wednesday. Eight people were wounded.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Ras al Jada neighbourhood, western Mosul on Tuesday killing one civilian.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in al Matahin neighbourhood, southwestern Mosul on Tuesday injuring one of the policemen in the patrol.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Al-Jazair neighborhood in eastern Mosul in the afternoon. One person was killed and two others were wounded.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Al-Yarmouk neighborhood in western Mosul in the afternoon. Two people were wounded.
2009 McClatchy Newspapers