The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Its posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchys Washington Bureau.
- Around 9 a.m. an American patrol was attacked by a grenade in Dhibatt neighborhood in Fallujah city on Saturday. No casualties reported. Eyewitnesses said that the attacker was a teenager. The American patrol didnt stop at the time of the attack, but it came after a while with an Iraqi force to investigate the incident.
- A roadside bomb targeted an American patrol on the main street in Fallujah (west of Baghdad) around 1 p.m. One civilian was wounded who was at the scene with no casualties on the American side.
- The Iranian artillery bombed Sidkan villages of Soran in northeast Arbil on Friday night. No casualties or damage reported.
- Two American soldiers were killed in Hamam Al-Aleel camp (about 11 miles south of Mosul) when a man in an Iraqi soldier uniform opened fire on them in the afternoon, police said. The U.S. confirmed the incident in a statement, saying that three others were wounded. It also added, According to initial reports, an individual dressed in an Iraqi Army uniform fired on the Coalition forces and was killed in the incident.
- The Iranian artillery and then air planes bombed the villages of Benjween in northeast Sulaimaniyah at dawn. No casualties reported.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Bashir village in southern Kirkuk on Saturday morning. Three people were killed and two others were wounded. All of the killed and injured were workers in a bus.