The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Iraqi army defused a roadside bomb in Zafaraniyah neighborhood in southeastern Baghdad around 11 a.m.
- A propane gas cylinder detonated near a procession for pilgrims in the wholly city of Karbala around 4:15 p.m. The incident took place in the Qibla street that leads to the Imam Husseins shrine, the grandson of the Prophet Mohammed. Seven people were killed and 35 others were wounded.
- Gunmen killed the deputy manager of the national dialogue council, Abdul Karim al-Sharabi in the 17th of July neighborhood in Mosul around 1:15 p.m.
- A car bomb detonated in Baath neighborhood in eastern Mosul around 12:30 p.m. Four policemen were killed and three others were wounded including two civilians.
-Gunmen opened fire on Akram Khalaf, a candidate of the national movement for reform and development in Sarij Khana in Mosul in the afternoon. He was injured and transformed to hospital for treatment.
- Police had confiscated 4 local made launchers in Wahid Huzairan ( the 1st of June) neighborhood when a missile was launched from it on Wednesday night.
-Police detonated a roadside bomb under control near Abu Alook cemetery in Kirkuk on Wednesday night. No casualties reported.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Khan alNis in downtown Baquba around 11:15 a.m. The bomb was put inside the garbage. Three people were wounded including two rubbish collectors.
Arbil and Sulaimaniyah
- The Iranian artillery bombed the border villages in eastern Arbil and Sulaimaniyah on Wednesday night. No casualties or damage reported.