The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb targeted pilgrims who were walking towards Kabala ( about 70 miles south of Baghdad) in Qahira neighborhood in northern Baghdad around 6:30 a.m. Two pilgrims were killed and eleven others were wounded.
- A roadside bomb detonated near Nahda bus station in downtown Baghdad around 6:45 a.m. One civilian car was damaged with two of its passengers wounded.
- Six mortars hit an American base in Baladiyat neighborhood in eastern Baghdad around 7 a.m. No casualties reported.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Mansour neighborhood in western Baghdad around noon. Five people were wounded.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Dawasa neighborhood in Mosul around 10 a.m. One person was wounded.
- A squad of the Iraqi army released a kidnapped man and arrested one of the kidnappers in Wana town (35 kilometers northern Mosul) Saturday night.
- Gunmen killed two men (a former policeman and his father) in one of the villages in Sinjar (west of Mosul) in the afternoon.
2009 McClatchy Newspapers