The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 9 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted the convoy of the minister of higher education and scientific research near Al Andalus square in Karrada injuring two civilians.
- Around 10 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army vehicle in Karrada near the white palace compound injuring one soldier and three civilians.
- A roadside bomb targeted an American military convoy in central Baghdad near the ministry of industry. The bomb was seen by the guards whoc closed the road but it exploded as the convoy passed by killing one guard of the ministry, Ahmed Taieb Murad, according to a press release by the ministry.
- Gunmen killed a policeman in Al Rasheedi neighborhood in Mosul city on Wednesday.
- Police found one dead body in Wadi Egab cemetery on Wednesday.