The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A car bomb targeted al-Madhaif restaurant in Shoala neighborhood around 8:30 am. Four people were killed and 25 others were wounded. The U.S. military said one person was killed and 21 were injured.
- Gunmen injured two employees of the Iraqi news agency (INA) at Beirut intersection (east Baghdad) around 9:30 p.m.
- A suicide car bomber targeted a coalition patrol in front of Muqdadiyah town (21 miles northeast Baquba). Three people were killed and 14 others were wounded including four policemen. The U.S. military said seven people were injured in the attack. It did not have reports of deaths as of 5:30 p.m.
- Gunmen opened fire on one of the Fadhila party candidates in Sanghar neighborhood (south Basra) Wednesday night. The target, candidate Abdul Ameer Al-Musawi, wasn't hurt, but his brother in law was killed.
- The oil pipe line that passes through al-Misharfa village of Dibs (south Kirkuk) was sabotaged by a bomb, causing a fire and great damage to the pipe line.
- A suicide car bomber targeted Sheikh Mohammad al-Ramah house in al-Aghar village (south of Mosul) on Wednesday. Seven people were injured including five members of the Sheikh's family.
- Gunmen opened fire on a policeman in the 17th of July neighborhood in Mosul city on Thursday. The policeman was injured.
-A roadside bomb targeted an army patrol in Intisar neighborhood in Mosul on Thursday. Four soldiers were wounded and one civilian.
- A car bomb detonated near the fifth brigade headquarters of the Iraqi army in Kokajli district (east of Mosul) around 5 p.m. Two people were injured.
2008 McClatchy Newspapers