Leila Fadel, McClatchy's bureau chief in Baghdad, talks about why the government of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki might find it unsettling to have Barack Obama in the White House after years of unconditional support from George W. Bush.
- Attorney general nominee shaped by work aiding genocide tribunal
- California drought could end with storms known as atmospheric rivers
- Police and young black men, talking it out
- Team works to find a treatment for a rare, deadly disease
- Islamic State demands release of woman held in Jordan for life of Japanese hostage
- New Saudi king not expected to change oil prices, women’s rights
- Are Muslim Uighurs fleeing China to join the Islamic State?
- Libya oil production plummets as tribes fight to control field in south
- Special Projects