The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A double explosion in Nahda in downtown Baghdad has killed 18 people and injured 52 others around 11 a.m. A car bomb detonated first targeting a traffic police patrol followed by a roadside bomb in a distance in a crowded area where the main bus station in Baghdad is located. Among the casualties, three traffic policemen who were killed and eight others were wounded in that incident
- A magnetic bomb detonated under a civilian car in Thawra neighborhood in Mosul city yesterday night( on Tuesday). Two people were killed who were inside that car.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Palestine street (south Mosul). Two people were killed and four others wounded including two policemen.
- Gunmen kidnapped a citizen of Ulamaa neighborhood in Kirkuk city yesterday night.
- Gunmen opened fire on a civilian car in Sikanian (north of Kirkuk) injuring the driver on Tuesday night.
2008 McClatchy Newspapers