The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Its posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchys Washington Bureau.
- Seven people (3 policemen and four civilians) by a roadside bomb in Atifiyah neighborhood in north Baghdad around 9 a.m.
- 3 civilians were wounded by an adhesive bomb that was stuck to oil tanker in Mashtal neighborhood in east Baghdad around 1 p.m.
- Four people (2 civilians and 2 policemen) were wounded by a roadside bomb in Amil neighborhood in west Baghdad around 3 p.m.
- Three civilians were killed and 23 others were wounded by a parked car bomb in Karrada neighborhood in downtown Baghdad around 6 p.m.
- Police found two unidentified bodies in Urfali neighborhood in Baghdad.
- Eleven civilians were killed and 30 others were wounded by a parked car bomb in Talafar town west of Mosul city around 3 p.m.
2008 McClatchy Newspapers