The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A car bomb detonated near the Nasr intersection in Sadoun street in downtown Baghdad targeting a police patrol around 9:30 am. Four people were killed and 14 others were wounded including 2 policemen.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Siha intersection in Shaab neighborhood (north Baghdad) around 10:30 am. Seven people were wounded including two women.
- Around noon a car bomb detonated in Al-Mudaris street in Shaab neighborhood. Two people were killed and 10 others were wounded.
- Around 4 pm a roadside bomb detonated inside a civilian car in Zayuna neighborhood (east Baghdad). Two people were injured. When police arrived found out that the two were planning to plant the bomb somewhere in Baghdad neighborhoods. The police arrested them.
- A car bomb detonated in Nuayriyah of the New Baghdad neighborhood (east Baghdad) followed by a roadside in a period of time. Twelve people were killed and 60 others were wounded ( including one policeman killed and 4 others wounded).
- Police found two dead bodies in Baghdad today. One was found in Saidiyah in Karkh bank and one was found in Obeidi in Rusafa bank.
- Gunmen opened fire on two Christian sisters in Qahira neighborhood in Mosul city killing them at once. The two were governmental employees, one was in the Mosul treasury department and the second was in the government city council. Their mother was wounded in the incident that was taken to hospital for treatment. Later, when police came, a roadside bomb detonated targeting the police patrol. Three policemen were wounded.
- An Iraqi soldier opened fire on US troops in Zinjili in northern city of Mosul killing two Americans and injuring six others, Iraqi police said. The American forces confirmed the incident adding that the Iraqi soldier was killed in a hail of gunfire.
- A magnetic bomb detonated under a civilian car in Ummal neighborhood in downtown Kirkuk. The car belongs to a member of the committee to implement article 140 of the Iraqi constitution which deals with the disputed areas between the Kurdistan region and the central government. The member was injured with three others who were with him.
-Gunmen wearing the Iraqi army uniform opened fire on a person near a sheep market in Irouba killing him at once.
- A car bomb detonated followed by an attack of light machine guns in Baladiyah neighborhood in Mosul city. One soldier was injured.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Al-Askari neighborhood in Mosul. One civilian was injured.