The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- An adhesive bomb detonated under a civilian car in Mansour neighborhood (west Baghdad). Two people were killed.
- An adhesive bomb detonated under the head of the Diwaniyah Facility Protection Services car, Colonel Mohammed Abu Atra, in Nidhal Street in downtown Baghdad. The colonel was injured with two of his guards.
- An adhesive bomb detonated under an ambulance car in Andalus intersection in central Baghdad. One person was killed and three others were wounded.
- An adhesive bomb detonated under a civilian car in Zafaraniyah neighborhood (east Baghdad). One person was injured.
- Police found one dead body in Saidiyah neighborhood (southwest Baghdad).
- A car bomb detonated in Thawra neighborhood in Mosul city. Four people were killed and four others injured.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Balad Ruz (east of Baquba). One policeman was killed.
- People found a head cut off its body in the Imam Hussein neighborhood in Tuz Khurmatu (south of Kirkuk), police said. The dead man was identified by police as a Turkman person who was kidnapped about a month ago from Inkija village of Tuz Khurmatu.
- A mass grave of 34 dead bodies was found in Al-Qaim town (about 250 miles west of Baghdad) near the Syrian border. A resident from the town while digging found four dead bodies and then he told police and the local council. They dug and found the mass grave of 34 bodies of civilians who were killed by the Al-Qaida organization.
2008 McClatchy Newspapers