The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Fudhailiyah neighborhood (east Baghdad). One person was killed and seven others were wounded. - A roadside bomb detonated in Al-Rubayee street in Zayuna neighborhood. Two people were injured.
- A roadside bomb detonated on Palestine Street (east Baghdad) targeting a police patrol. Four people were injured including one policeman.
- One dead body was found today in Al-Ghadeer in the New Baghdad neighborhood in eastern Baghdad.
- Police found one dead body in Buhriz (south Baquba).
- Police arrested three Sahwa members in Mustafa neighborhood in Baquba, according to arrest warrants
- Police killed a civilian by mistake when they raided Muqdadiyah town (north east of Baquba) at noon.
- Police killed three gunmen in Mandli town (east of Baquba) in clashes took place at the town.
- Iraqi army killed two Qaeda members, one was a leader, in Al-Khulis village in Buhriz(south of Baquba).
- A roadside bomb targeted a civilian contractor in Khanaqeen which was planted near his house. The contractor was killed at once.
- Gunmen assassinated a member of the Kurdistan Democratic party (KDP) in Sahin Al-Sham in Mosul.
- A sniper killed a policeman in Borsa neighborhood in Mosul when he stopped near one of the check points in the area.
- A roadside bomb targeted a civilian car in Dhibat neighborhood in Mosul city. Six people were injured from one family.
Police said they arrested a member of alQaida ,who was released from Bucca prison 15 days prior in Amariyat Al-Falluja on Monday. Qadouri Abd Ali Al-Issawi confessed to killing three Shiite people in 2006 while they were on their road from Baghdad to Syria. The remains of the three dead men were found where the alQaida member buried them in the Zaghareed area, north of Falluja. The bodies were taken to Falluja morgue.
2008 McClatchy Newspapers