The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb targeted an army patrol in Waziriyah neighborhood (north Baghdad), around 11 am. Two Iraqi soldiers were injured.
- An adhesive bomb detonated under a civilian car that belongs to an employee who works for the ministry of interior. The three passengers of the car were wounded.
- Police found one dead body in Amil neighborhood in west Baghdad.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Buhriz town (about 3 miles south of Baquba). A 6 year old child was killed and his brother, a 7 year old child, was injured while they were herding their sheep in the area.
- A suicide car bomber detonated near Balad police station around 4 pm. Four policemen were wounded.
- Police raided a house in Wasiti neighborhood in Kirkuk city today killing a gunman who opened fire on police when they tried to arrest him. The gunman was involved in kidnapping a student from Failaq neighborhood in Kirkuk city.
- In the evening, a gunman killed a citizen in Shorash town (northeast Kirkuk).
- In the evening, gunmen opened fire on lieutenant colonel Mohammed Said, a member of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan organizations in Chamchamal( northeast Kirkuk) killing him at once.
2008 McClatchy Newspapers