The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb targeted an American patrol in Fudhailiyah neighborhood (east Baghdad) around 7 a.m. Seven Iraqi people were injured while no casualties were reported on the American side, police said. The U.S. military said they had no report of an IED attack on this day although police said there was one.
- Gunmen opened fire on Abdul Karim Husseinís car, the brigadier general in the ministry of interior. Abdul Karim was wounded with his driver and another person.
- A bomb planted under a civilian car detonated near an army check point in Shaab neighborhood (north Baghdad). One person was killed (the driver) and five other people were wounded.
- Police found one dead body in Ur neighborhood in eastern Baghdad today.
- A roadside bomb targeted an army patrol in Hadba neighborhood in Mosul city. Two soldiers were wounded.
- At dawn, a guard for a kindergarten school was killed by gunmen in Abara village (5 miles north of Baquba). His body was found later near the school.
- Around 11:45 am, gunmen opened fire on the international police while the latter were in a raid in Al-Rasool village of Khan Bani Saad (15 miles south of Baquba). One policeman was killed and another was wounded.
- Gunmen killed 12 national policemen and eight Sahwa members in an ambush in Dulaimiyat village of Khan Bani Saad (south of Baquba) around 4:30 p.m. Three high rank officers were among those who were killed.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Sadiyah town (47 miles east Baquba). Three policemen were injured.