The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 am a roadside bomb targeted a traffic police patrol in Karrada neighborhood( downtown Baghdad).Three people were injured(one traffic policeman and two civilians ).
- Around 8 am a roadside bomb targeted an army patrol in Maysloon intersection in Karrada neighborhood (downtown Baghdad). Six were injured(three soldiers and three civilians).
- Around 10 am a roadside bomb targeted the New Baghdad municipality managers convoy. One civilian was killed and two guards were wounded.
- Around 11:15 am two car bombs detonated near Jeibachi hospital in Harthiyah neighborhood (downtown Baghdad). Eight people were killed and 25 others were wounded.
- A mortar shell hit Shaab neighborhood. Seven people were injured including two policemen around 9 pm .
- Around 10 pm gunmen opened fire on some commercial shops at Zafaraniyah neighborhood(east Baghdad). Two people were killed and two others were injured.
- Police found 2 dead bodies in Baghdad today: one was found in Saidiyah neighborhood in Karkh bank and one was found in Bub Al-Sham in Risafa bank.
- Around 11 am a bomb planted under a sedan car detonated in Baiji market (north of Tikrit). Four people were injured.
- Tuesday night, a bomb planted under a Sahwa leaders car in Taameem neighborhood in Ramadi city(west of Baghdad). Abu Seif, the Sahwa leader died in hospital today after suffering from serious injury.
- On Tuesday, a roadside bomb targeted an army patrol in Qudis neighborhood in Mosul city. One soldier was injured and damage to one vehicle.
- On Tuesday, a roadside bomb targeted an army patrol in Jisr Sinjar area in Mosul. Three civilians were injured.
- On Tuesday, a roadside targeted a police patrol in Razi neighborhood in Mosul city. Three civilians were injured.
- On Wednesday, a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in the New Mosul neighborhood. Two policemen were injured.
- On Wednesday, a roadside bomb targeted an army patrol in Tal Afar ( west Mosul). Three soldiers were wounded.
- Gunmen assassinated the deputy governor of Mosul Shamil Yunis when he finished his prayers in of the mosques of Al-Falah neighborhood in Mosul city.
- Gunmen opened fire at Kia mini bus in Rashad town (west of Kirkuk). Three people were killed and four others were injured.