The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7:30 am a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol at Beirut intersection in Palestine Street neighborhood in Eastern Baghdad. 6 people were injured including two policemen.
- Around 8:30 am a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol at Maghrib Street in Adhemiyah neighborhood. 4 people were injured including 2 policemen.
- Police found one dead body in Amil neighborhood in west Baghdad.
- A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Al-Maridh neighborhood downtown Mosul. One civilian was killed.
Around 5:30 am a roadside bomb targeting the head of the anti-terrorisms house in central Fallujah (west of Baghdad). He was injured in that incident. Minutes later, another roadside bomb exploded targeting a police patrol which came to the scene. 4 policemen were killed and five others were wounded, Police said. Then, the head of Falluja police Colonel Faisal Al-Zobayee announced his resignation of his position.
- Gunmen opened fire on a soccer field in Dhuluiya(south of Tikrit). A policeman and a Sahwa member were killed with two civilians and a Sahwa member were injured in that attack including a nine-year old child, a coalition statement said.
2008 McClatchy Newspapers