The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb targeted the major generals convoy Sameer Al-Waeli , the head of the social attention in the ministry of interior , near Beirut square in Palestine street neighborhood . Six people were injured including three guards.
- Gunmen threw a grenade on an army patrol in Safarat neighborhood (west Baghdad) . 6 soldiers were wounded.
- A roadside bomb targeted the Shaabs mayor in Shaab neighborhood (east Baghdad). Five people were wounded including three guards.
- A controlled explosion by the Iraqi army took place for a roadside bomb which was found in Ghadeer neighborhood (east Baghdad) . No casualties reported.
- Three roadside bombs targeted a commandos patrol in Beirut square (east Baghdad). Nine commandos soldiers were injured.
- A bomb which was put inside a car detonated at the main street of the Muthana airport which houses the headquarters of Iraqi army and Dawa party. 3 people were killed and 15 were wounded (including one police commando killed and 12 others wounded) who were passing by when the explosion took place.
- Police found 4 dead bodies in Baghdad today : 3 were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank ); 1 in Zafaraniyah ,1 in Ur and 1 in Shaab. While 1 was found in Dora in Karkh bank.
2008 McClatchy Newspapers