The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Harthiyah neighborhood(central Baghdad)on Karkh bank. Five people were injured with no casualties reported of the American side.
- A car bomb targeted an Iraqi army patrol at Rashid Camp street (east Baghdad).Three people were killed (including 1 soldier) and 12 others wounded(included 4 soldiers and one officer).
- Mortars hit the green zone (IZ) where the Iraqi government headquarters and the foreign embassies are .No casualties reported.
- Around 4pm, gunmen attacked a jewelry shop in Mansour neighborhood. They stole the shops content, killed 3 people and injured 2 policemen who were in the area.
- Gunmen launched a propelled grenade on a police patrol in Shaab neighborhood. Two policemen were injured.
- Police found three dead bodies in Baghdad: 2 were found in Karkh bank; 1 in Saidiyah and 1 in Shurta .While 1 was found in Talbiyah in Risafa bank.
- A roadside bomb detonated near the cultural group petrol station downtown Mosul city. Five people were injured
-A roadside bomb targeted a police patrol in Al-Sukar neighborhood in Mosul city.Two policemen were injured.
-Gunmen killed two prominent Sheikhs in Mosul city from Ubeid and Abassi tribes who were on their way from Mosul to Tal Afar..
- Gunmen launched a propelled grenade on joint forces from Iraqi police and American armies in Zanjili town .Two Iraqi policemen were injured.
- A roadside bomb detonated in Tawafa neighborhood in Mosul city.One policeman was injured.
-Baquba morgue had buried 25 unidentified dead bodies which had been in the morgue for more than 40 days ,Ahmed Foad ,the head of the Baquba morgue.
-Around 7am, a roadside bomb detonated at Al-Muradiyah (9 miles west of Baquba).Four women were wounded where they were doing farming in one of the orchard
- Mortars hit Al-Sineija of Al-Wajihiyah town(north of Baquba).One person was killed and 2 were wounded.
- Gunmen killed a former retired officer at Hibhib (north of Baquba).
-Gunmen killed a woman in Balad Ruz (31 miles east of Baquba).
- A roadside bomb detonated in Dali Abbas (21 miles north Baquba).One person was wounded .
- Gunmen opened fire in Muqdadiyah town (30 miles northeast Baquba).Two people were seriously wounded in that attack.
2008 McClatchy Newspapers