The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Gunmen assassinated Col. Dhafir Al-Ani of the general inspector office in the interior ministry. His brother who was with him was injured in that attack.
-A suicide truck bomber targeted a police officer's parent's house in Shaab neighborhood in northeast Baghdad. Fifteen people were killed and 65 others were injured.
- A car bomb targeted commandos police patrol at the Ali Al-Lami restaurant at the main street leads to Jadriyah neighborhood. Four people were killed (including one policeman)and ten others were injured including four policemen. Police who were furious started shooting randomly with no casualties reported.
- Police found four dead bodies in Baghdad today: 2 in east Baghdad (Risafa bank); 1 in Zayuna and 1 in Palestine street .While 2 were found in northwest Baghdad; 1 in Shoala and 1 in Hurriyah.
Around 11:30 am, a roadside bomb targeted an army patrol which was accompanied by the Arabia T.V. crew , who were filming a program called the death road . One vehicle was damaged with no casualties reported , an officer of intelligence in Falluja police station said .
Around 12:30 pm, another roadside bomb targeted a combined patrol for Iraqi army and police who were in 50 patrols in Hamra area which is called the Tigris arm . Three policemen were killed (including an officer ) and four others were injured . During the raids the forces arrested 12 wanted people including 7 Qaeda leaders.
- On Tuesday night two roadside bombs targeted a police patrol in downtown Tikrit transporting detainees to the police headquarters. One detainee who was arrested by the police was killed and eight policemen were injured.
- Tuesday night, a cameraman for the government channel Iraqia in Basra was injured when a roadside bomb exploded near a musician shop in Saymar neighborhood in the old city of Basra.
- Gunmen killed a shop owner of jewelry with his son inside their shop in Zubair (21 miles west of Basra) .
2008 McClatchy Newspapers