The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7:30 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Al-Kasra Street in the Waziriyah neighborhood near the Taliyaa Theatre. No U.S. casualties were reported, but the bomb hit a civilian Kia minibus killing one passenger and injuring five others including a woman.
- Around 6:45 p.m., an IED exploded at Al-Attar Street in Karrada neighborhood and when police and army arrived suspecting of having another IED to be defused a suicide bomber detonated himself in the crowd. (54 )persons were killed (including policemen and soldiers) and injuring 123 others(including three women).
- Police found two dead bodies in Baghdad today: both in Risafa bank; one was found in Bub Al-Sham and one was found in Husseiniyah.
- Around 4:30 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi police patrol on the way between Himreen Hills and Khanaqeen, 100 km north of Baquba. One officer was killed and four soldiers were injured in that incident.
- In the afternoon, a car exploded targeted an American patrol at Al-Noor neighborhood in Mosul city.No US casualties were reported,but the explosion injured 4 people were at the scene .
- In the morning, police found a female dead body at Nuaab Dhibat neighborhood (north Basra).
- Around noon, gunmen killed a policeman of border guards in downtown old Basra city near Al-Sadiq mosque.
- Police found a dead body at Khabat bank river, west Arbil. They found out that the dead man was a Peshmarga member who was kidnapped several days ago.
2008 McClatchy Newspapers