The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7:40 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted a police commandos patrol at the Meshtal intersection near New Baghdad neighborhood (east Baghdad).Two policemen were injured in that incident.
- Police found two dead bodies in Baghdad. One was found in Dora in southern Baghdad(Karkh bank)while the second one was found in Utafiyah in northern Baghdad(Risafa bank).
- In the morning, police found Ahmed Khalafs body, the Hawija council member, who was kidnapped a few days ago by gunmen. Police arrested four people suspected of being involved in the kidnapping and murder. - In the morning, police found a woman named Sameea Sofi's body near the Zab Bridge (west of Kirkuk).
- Around 11.45 p.m. on Thursday, gunmen opened fire on Abu Talibs house, the leader of a popular committee in Diyala at Tahreer neighborhood in Baquba. Abu Talib was at his house at the time and there were no casualties recorded, but some damage to the house.
- Around 10 a.m., a house rigged with explosives detonated when the Iraqi army raided it in Abu Khamees village (10 km south of Baquba) .One Iraqi soldier was killed in that explosion. - The Iraqi army found two dead bodies of two former Iraqi officers in Al-Guba village (6km north of Baquba).The first was General Mudhir Hadi Salih and the second was General Amir Muhammad Al-Jibouri. The bodies bore gunshot wounds and were blindfolded.
- In the afternoon, gunmen killed the judge Abid Jassim and his companion the lawyer Ahmed Al-Luizi when they were in Tahreer neighborhood (east Mosul).
- In the afternoon, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Dhibat neighborhood (east Mosul).Two people were killed in that incident.
- In the afternoon, gunmen kidnapped the archbishob of the Catholic Church Kildan Paulis Faraj Rakhoo and killed three of his companions at Al-Noor neighborhood(east Mosil) .
2008 McClatchy Newspapers