The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded at the main street near the Shaab stadium(east Baghdad) injuring two people .
- Around 8 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted the deputy minister of science and technology, Sameer Salim Al-Attar. He suffered injuries on his head and hands and two of his guards were injured as well.
- Around 1 p.m., a car bomb was parked at the main street of Ghazaliyah neighborhood ( in west Baghdad) near the Kamal market. One civilian was killed and two were injured.
- Police found 4 dead bodies in Baghdad today : two were found in Saidiyah in Karkh bank while the other two were found in Risafa bank; 1 in Baladiyat and 1 in Waziriyah .
- Tuesday night, a roadside bomb was exploded killing the man who was planting it .The incident took place at Shuhada neighborhood in Jalwla of Khanaqeen ( 94 km north east Baquaba).
- Around noon, a suicide bomber detonated himself in Muqdadiya (36 km north east of Baquba) targeting people who were in line at a bekry in Al-Asri neighborhood near the local market. Seven people were killed and 17 were injured, including two women.
- Around 7 p.m., gunmen opened fire on one of the popular committees checkpoints at Wajihiya village (18 km of Baquba).Two members were injured in that incident.
- Around 8 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol near Kirkuk municipality building in Kirkuk city .Five policemen were injured in the incident including an officer and commissioner.
- Around 9 a.m., gunmen attacked a police patrol at Ras Al-Koor (downtown Mosul city) killing four policemen and injuring another four including an officer.
- At dawn, police commandos in Samarra raided Abu Azzam Al-Jazari house, who is a leader of the Qaeda organization, at Jalam village 18 km north Samara .He resisted when the raids took place and then detonated him. Also police found machine guns, ammunitions and a car in the scene. - In the early morning, a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol on the high way of Tikrit (175 km north of Baghdad).One policemen was injured in that incident.
2008 McClatchy Newspapers