The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 10 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Al Andalus square in Karrada, injuring three civilians.
- Around 10:30 a.m. A roadside bomb targeted an American military convoy in Sabaa Abkar area, Iraqi police said. No casualties were reported.
- Around 7 p.m. a roadside bomb was beneath a parking civilian car exploded in Sabah Al Khayat intersection causing damages to the car.
- Around 6:30 p.m. gunmen attacked an Iraqi army convoy in Al Hurriyah. No casualties were reported.
- Police found 4 bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Al Fedhiliyah, one in Dora, one on Mohammed Al Qassim highway and one was floating in the Tigris.
- A roadside bomb targeted a civilian car in Al Shimiyat area west of Baquba, injuring three women and one man.
- Four mortar shells slammed into Al Muqdiyah town, injuring four residents.
- A roadside bomb targeted a civilian car in Buhruz south of Baquba, injuring 6 men.
- Police found seven beheaded bodies in Tawakal village near Al Muqdadiyah.
- Police found three beheaded bodies in Tal Al Aswad area.
- A roadside bomb targeted coalition forces convoy in Diwaniya, killing two children, one woman and one man and injuring two civilians and injuring seven police officers.
- Colonel Mazin Younis Hassan, head of the awakening council in Samarra, said that joint Iraqi and American troops found 55 bodies in a raid Al Jazeera area northwest of Samarra. He said also 10 Iraqi citizens were freed.
- Three gunmen killed Essam Felaih, a member of the Association of Muslims Scholars of Iraq and Imam of Al Mukhtar mosque in central Samara, Iraqi police said.
2008 McClatchy Newspapers