The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 8 a.m. gunmen used machine guns to attack policemen in Bab Al Sharqi, killing one policeman and injuring one.
- A roadside bomb targeted civilians in Al Qanat area causing no casualties.
- Around 10 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians near Al Shaab soccer stadium, injuring five civilians.
- Iraqi police found one body in Dora.
- Iraqi police said the American and Iraqi troops clashed with gunmen near Al Wajihiya area (about 25 Kilometers east of Baquba) killing four gunmen including a high ranking member of Al Qaeda.
- Gunmen attacked a local council building in Baquba injuring two guards.
- A roadside bomb targeted police in Muqdadia, killing one police officer and injuring 3 others.
- A roadside bomb targeted the personal car of one of Diyala governor's body guards in Abu Saida area. The guard was killed in the attack.
- Mortar shells slammed into Al Salam town about 20 kilometers east of Baquba, injuring three residents.
- Police found two bodies in two different areas of the province. The first deceased was Alaa Atiya, 27 years originally from Karbala, with two gun shots in the head and the knee and was found west of Sulaimaniyah city yesterday. The second body belongs to a Kurdish young man who was found in Sulaimaniyah city with gunshots in the body, police said.
2008 McClatchy Newspapers