The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 6:30 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted civilians in Zafaraniyah, killing two civilians including one woman and injuring two civilians.
- Around 11 a.m. a roadside bomb targeted a joint U.S. and Iraqi convoy in Al Ghazaliyah, no casualties were reported.
- Police found three bodies in Baghdad, one in Sadr, in Doura and Amil.
- Gunmen attacked Iraqi army checkpoint in Saqr village near Al Khalis, five gunmen were killed and two soldiers were injured.
- Around 1:30 p.m. a parked car bomb targeted Iraqi police convoy in Al Mashriq neighborhood, killing one civilian and injuring five others.
- Gunmen attacked police patrol in Al Zarga town south of Kirkuk yesterday, two gunmen were killed and two police officers were injured.
- An IED targeted a house in central Kirkuk. The explosion caused damages to the targeted house. Police said the house belong to Ahmed Zeinal who works with U.S. forces.
2007 McClatchy Newspapers