The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 6:15 p.m., two mortar shells slammed into Karrada neighborhood, injuring two residents. Only one shell exploded.
- Around 6:30 p.m. a mortar shell slammed into Bob Al Sham area in Al Rashidiyah, killing one resident and injuring two.
- Police found five bodies in Baghdad, in Al Shaab, Sadr, Amil, Saidiyah, and Hurriyah.
- A major crimes unit raided a house three kilometers south of Baqouba. During the raid, the police force killed two men. Men from the area who were watching the incident clashed with police force, killing one policeman, injuring three others and destroying 10 police cars. The force called for U.S. military support. Due to aerial fire, three residents from the area were injured, an Iraqi police source said.
- Around 1:30 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted and killed Brigadier General Qais Al Mamouri, Babil province police chief, and injured two others in northern Hilla city.
- A roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi police vehicle in Kirkuk, injuring one policeman.
2007 McClatchy Newspapers