The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 2 p.m., two mortar shells slammed into Abu Desheer neighborhood, injuring two civilians.
- Police found three bodies in Baghdad, one in Sadr, one in Jamia, one in Doura.
- A member of a local anti-Qaeda group in Al Duluiya was killed and two others were injured in a raid that targeted a house that Al Qaeda uses, according to Iraqi police.
- Three mortar shells slammed into Hibhib town west of Baqouba, killing three residents and injuring two others.
- Al Qaeda killed five people and abducted 30 traveling in five SUVs around Al Khalis. The five killed at the scene were members of Iraqi military and police, Iraqi police said.
- A car bomb targeted local police vehicle in Al Shirqat yesterday, killing four police officers.