The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 6 p.m. of Thursday evening, two reporters (husband and wife) of Al-Hayatt newspaper (Lebanese newspaper) survived from an assassination attempt in Karrada neighborhood (downtown Baghdad) when gunmen opened fire on their car as they were on the way to a clinic in the neighborhood.
- Around 9 a.m., a roadside bomb was planted in a pile rubbish at Al-Ghazal suq (market) for birds and pets at Al-Jimhouri street (downtown Baghdad) killing at least 13 people and injuring 57 others.
- Police found ( 6 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods : ( 3 ) were found in west Baghdad : 2 in Doura and 1 in Bayaa. While ( 3 ) were found in east Baghdad (Risafa bank) ; 2 in Sadr city and 1 in Zafaraniyah .
- Friday morning, a roadside bomb targeted a police commandos car in Balad (70 km north of Baghdad) injuring 4 policemen (including a police officer).
- Around 4.30 p.m., mortars hit the area near Seid Mohammad shrine ( the Imam Al-Askari brother ( one of the Prophet Mohammad descendants) in Balad ( 70 km north of Baghdad )killing one person and injuring two others.
- Around 2.30 p.m., a truck bomb exploded in the middle of Al- Qayara bridge which connects Qayara district with Mosul .Two of the bridge pillars are destroyed having the bridge into two parts . No casualties recorded as the joint check point on the bridge evacuated the bridge before the explosion took place.
- Friday noon, two car bombs targeted two police patrols in two different locations in Mosul killing 9 and injuring 21 others.. The first one was a suicide car bomb in Al-Mithaq square targeting a police patrol and few minutes later another car exploded at Al-Baath intersection targeting another police patrol and the result was 9 killed ( 6 of them were policemen ) and 21 injured ( including 8 policemen ).
- Friday noon, three gunmen broke into Jalawla school for boys ( it is a day off ) beheaded the guard and his wife spreading the news in village that their two daughters are not following the Islamic laws.
2007 McClatchy Newspapers