The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Baladiyat neighborhood near the power supply transfers of the area injuring three people.
- Around 7.30 a.m., a car bomb exploded at Shariqa intersection in Bayaa neighborhood ( south west Baghdad ) killing two people and injuring 7 others.
- Around 8 a.m., gunmen assassinated Dr. Musa Jaafar , the head of the Geological survey , killing one of his companions and injuring the other at Baratha mosque intersection in Uttaifiyah ( north Baghdad).
- Around 8 a.m., a random fire took place in Mansour neighborhood at Dragh district killing two people .
- Around 1 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Baladiyat intersection in Al-Muhandiseen district injuring three civilians.
- Around 5 p.m., mortars lobbed on the green zone ( IZ) in Baghdad .No casualties or damage reported.
- Police found ( 6 ) unidentified bodies in the following neighborhood in Baghdad : ( 3 ) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank ) ; 2 in Amil and 1 in Mansour . While ( 3 ) were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank ) ; 2 in Sadr city and 1 in Uttafiyah.
- Around noon , gunmen attacked a family in their house at Zighania ( 10 km south of Baquba ) killing three brothers and injuring their sister .
- Tuesday afternoon, Iraqi forces raided some sites at Othmaniyah village ( 20 km west Baquba ) killing three gunmen after having clashes with them .They also confiscated 2 RPGs and 1 BKC .
- Around 5p.m., gunmen opened fire on a girl of 18 years old in her house shot dead at once . No further details of the incident and the reason behind it.
- Around 4.30 p.m. of Monday afternoon, a planted bomb inside an officers car of the Ameriat Al-Falluja FBS exploded killing the officer ( Jamal Falij) and injuring two policemen near a police check point inside the residential complex in the area. Abu Risha guys had an instant movement and arrested 2 suspected who were not from the complex and found near the scene.
- Monday night, a roadside bomb targeted an Iraqi army patrol at Sifra village on the Kirkuk Biji route ( west Kirkuk ) killing one soldier and injuring three others.
- Around 7.30 p.m. of Monday evening , gunmen opened fire on an Iraqi army patrol at Hussainiyah village on Kirkuk Biji ( west Kirkuk) which made the Iraqi patrol raided the village they came from arresting four suspected people having 3 machine guns ( AK4 ) taking them to their headquarter to investigate them.
- Basra morgue had delivered four unidentified bodies from two different neighborhoods in Basra city.
2007 McClatchy Newspapers