The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Its posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchys Washington Bureau.
- Around 9 a.m. An IED explosion in Al Bonook neighborhood (east Baghdad) killed three men and injured four others. The explosion targeted volunteers to the Iraqi army in the area as a part of the awakening council in the area.
- Around 10 a.m. Gunmen killed a man in Mansour neighborhood west Baghdad.
- Around 11 a.m. Gunmen attacked a police force in Al Saidiyah neighborhood, injuring three people and one policeman.
- Around 2:30 p.m. a roadside targeted civilians in Al Wathiq square, injuring four civilians.
- Police found 5 dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 1 in Saidiyah, 2 in Amil, 1 in Doura, 1 in Shaab
- Gunmen using motorcycle killed Saleh Al Jizani, the brother of a prominent member of Mahdi army militia and Sadr trend in Basra, in Al Maqal area north Basra today.
- Gunmen using a motorcycle killed a member of Mahdi army militia in Al Hussein neighborhood west Basra last night.
- A suicide car bomb targeted Iraqi army soldiers in Al Saadiyah area, killing three soldiers and killing two civilians and injuring 18 soldiers.
- A roadside bomb targeted the convoy of Baladrouz police chief in Baladrouz, killing six of the bodyguards and injuring two others.
2007 McClatchy Newspapers