The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 4 p.m. a road side bomb targeted Iraqi police patrol near the national theater in Baghdad. One police man was injured and two civilians.
- Around 5 p.m. A road side bomb targeted Iraqi army vehicle in Arab Jubor area south Baghdad. One Iraqi soldier was killed and 3 others were injured.
- Iraqi police accused U.S. military of shooting randomly in an intersection in Al Bunouk area in Baghdad. Iraqi police said five civilians were injured.
- Police found five dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 1 in Sleikh, 1 in Washash, 1 in Amil, 1 in Doura, 1 in Saidiyah.
- Iraqi police said American military shot and killed 3 men and one woman and injured one woman in their car on a road near Beiji city north of Baghdad.
- Iraqi police found one dead body in Dour. The deceased was a member of the awakening council in the area.
- A road side bomb targeted citizen Muayad Abdullah car in Al Sibaghiyah village northwester of Kirkuk yesterday. Abdullah was immediately killed according to police.
- Police found a chopped head in Al Hawija west of Kirkuk today. Police identified the man as Mohammed Abdul Aziz an integrity committee employee. His body was found two days ago in a different area.
- A car bomb targeted Iraqi army patrol in Al Hawija today. Three soldiers were killed and 11 civilians were injured.
- A car bomb exploded on the main road leading to Kirkuk airport in Kirkuk. Police said the explosion caused no casualties or damages.
- Three civilians were injured when their car approached a private company security convoy on the main road that connects Erbil and Kirkuk today.
- Around 8:30 a.m. an IED explosion targeted civilians in central Basra near a school. One civilian was killed and14 others were injured.
2007 McClatchy Newspapers