The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 7 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded at Uqba Bin Nafia intersection at Karrada neighborhood (downtown Baghdad). No casualties recorded.
- Around 10 a.m., a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol when it passed the Shoala bridge towards Hurriyah neighborhood (north Baghdad) injuring two policemen.
- Around 11 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded at the entrance of Kifah street that leads to the Shorja market (downtown Baghdad) injuring two people.
- Around 1 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Iskan intersection which leads to Toubchi neighborhood ( north west Baghdad) injuring 5 people .
- Police found ( 5 ) unidentified dead bodies in the following neighborhoods in Baghdad : ( 4 ) were found in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 1 in Doura , 1 in Amil , 1 in Saidiyah and 1 in Bayaa. While ( 1 ) was found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank) in Qahira neighborhood.
- Around 8.30 p.m., a suicide car bomber targeted an internet café at Nia'ariah in New Baghdad neighborhood ( east Baghdad) killing 8 people and injuring 25 others, police said.
- Around 3 p.m., a suicide truck bomber targeted the headquarter of PUK at the industrial district at Mosul city injuring 8 people (four of them are guards). The suicider tried to be closer but the guards shot him from a distance that made him explode the truck outside the headquarter.
-Around Wednesday night, gunmen driving a sedan car (BMW model) kidnapped a man from Al-Khzeif village of Hawija (west Kirkuk).
- Around Wednesday night, a truck bomb targeted a headquarter of the Iraqi army at Zab district ( west Kirkuk) killing one officer and injuring three other soldiers with some damages to the headquarter and the neighboring houses.
- Around noon, police killed three suspected gunmen after chasing and shooting at a car suspected to have gunmen who planted two roadsides bombs in downtown Kirkuk targeting two police patrols without casualties on police side.
- Around 1 p.m., a suicide truck bomber targeted a headquarter of the Iraqi army at Abasi district (west Kirkuk) accompanied by an attack using the machine guns. No casualties recorded, police said.
- Around 2.30 p.m., a suicide car bomber targeted a convoy of the head of Kirkuk traffic police ( Colonel Salar Ahmed ) killing two of his guards and five civilians while 35 other people were injured including the colonel who has superficial injury at Shorja neighborhood (downtown Kirkuk) with six cars burned , police said.