The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Its posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchys Washington Bureau.
- A member of theIraqi Police killed and three civilians wounded in an IED explosion that targeted their vehicle near Al Shaab Stadium in Zayuna neighborhood, east Baghdad, at around 08:00 am.
- An Iraqi soldier killed and another wounded in an IED explosion that targeted their patrol near Ibn Al Bitar Hospital in Salhiyah neighborhood downtown Baghdad this morning.
- 3 people were killed (2 Iraqi soldiers and a civilian) and another 11 injured ( an Iraqi soldier and 10 civilians) in a suicide car bomb that targeted Port Sa'eed Bridge that links Palestine Street with Habibiyah neighborhood, east Baghdad, at around 02:45 pm.
- 7 unidentified bodies were found by Iraqi Police in Baghdad today.1 in Karrada; 1 in Ur neighborhood; 1 in Shoala; 2 in Amil; 1 in Saidiyah; 1 in Bayaa.
- Gunmen killed Sheikh Khalid Salim Faris al-Bayati, member of Tuz Khurmatu Local Council near Al Beer Ahmed area west of Tuz Khurmato town north of Baghdad while he was returning home this morning.
- 1 unidentified body found by the Police in Chimen area, north Kirkuk at 10:00 am this morning. The body is of a 35 40 year old male, shot several times in the head.
- Ali Khalid Muslih, a laborer, was killed by gunmen in the industrial area of Hawija district, to the west of Kirkuk, at 10:45 this morning.
- 2 Iraqi Army servicemen injured in IED explosion that targeted their patrol on the highway between Kirkuk and Riyadh, near al-Zara'a village, at 12:50 this afternoon. The servicemen belonged to the First Regiment of the Fifth Brigade deployed to the defense of the infrastructure, accompanying the Engineering Corps.
- IED exploded near the cooperative in Domez neighborhood, south Kirkuk, late Wednesday evening. No casualties were reported.
- IED targeting the Second Company of the Second Regiment of the Second Brigade on the highway between Kirkuk and Rashad, to the west of Kirkuk, resulted in the injury of 1 Iraqi Army serviceman.
- Lieutenant Colonel Mejeed Shnan survived an assassination attempt by gunmen close to the Department of Important Crimes where he works, in downtown Basra city this afternoon. He was shot in the shoulder and is being treated in hospital.
- Sheikh Amjed al-Janabi, representative of Ayatollah al-Sistani in Basra assassinated. Sheikh Amjed was on his way to the mosque in the city centre after Iftar when gunmen, driving a modern Toyota sedan, opened fire upon his motorcade, killing him and injuring one of his security personnel. This is the third Sistani representative to be assassinated in Basra.
Fallujah - 2 roadside bombs detonated targeting a police patrol in al-Zaghareed area near the town of al-Saqlawiyah killing 2 policemen, injuring 4. Local Police have imposed a curfew in the area after allowing two hours for cars to return home.
2007 McClatchy Newspapers